PASS BASH Chargers/Challenger Rules
Open Carb Racing One More Time Before The Regular Season and Rules Begin! $600 To Win on PASS Bash Weekend March 7th. No Entry Fee! Just buy Pit Pass. Not Required to Buy Tires but if you need some the track has them for sale. These Rules are not the Weekly Charger rules for 2015. These rules have been altered for the PASS Race Day BASH to allow for other cars to be able to come in and compete with a smaller carb or more weight for the infractions.This is a OPEN Carb class for the weekly DMS Chargers Rules. The dirt cars can run by their home track Dirt rules that they are claiming. If the Dirt Cars are claiming Super Street Rules at Sumter for example the car must run by Sumter street Stock RuleBook. The Open Carb equals the competition for the local cars. This is the same concept that was run in 2014and 2015 New Years Race “Dirt Cars on Asphalt” with the Open Carb Charger division.
1970-2015 rear wheel drive cars with a minimum wheelbase of 104” Wheelbase.
1. All cars must have a minimum of (2) doors, (2) rear quarter panels, deck lid, bumper cover, roof and hood. Body may be metal, plastic, or composite.
2. All bodies must meet roof and spoiler height template specifications.
3. All bodies must be approved by speedway.
4. All cars must be painted and lettered professionally.
5. Rocker panels may be fabricated but must maintain 4” ground clearance.
6. Front windshields optional. Back window optional. Clear lexan or plexiglass may be
installed in the rear quarter windows. No side windows.
7. Speedway approved window net must be installed in the driver’s side window opening.
8. Body height minimum 4 inches. Max overall spoiler height is 39”
9. Rear spoiler 5” high with maximum 60” width (max 300 square inches).
10. Wrecker hookup required front and rear of car.
1. Stock OEM front sub frame with tubing frame connector allowed.
2. OEM stock clip must have factory OEM mounting points for weight break. Rear trailing arm mounts may be fabricated.
3. Fabricated clip and lowers allowed with a 50 lb. weight penalty (must be mounted on front clip).
4. Frame rails minimum 2”x 3”.
5. Chassis rails must maintain 4” ground clearance with driver.
6. A Steel firewall must separate the driver from the engine compartment and fuel tank.
1. A complete speedway approved roll cage.
2. Roll cage must be constructed of roll bar tubing with a minimum outside diameter of one and
half 1 ½” inches x .083 wall thickness.
3. Roll cage must be centered on the frame. Perimeter style.
4. Main roll cage uprights must be on top of outside frame rails.
5. Full cage is required with four uprights and four top bars.
6. Roll bars may go through front and rear firewalls.
7. Minimum of three bars in driver’s and passenger’s door required.
8. All bars within drivers reach must be padded.
1. Adjustable cups allowed on front and rear.
2. Spring spacers, coil over eliminators, or screw jacks may be used on front and rear.
3. OEM type steering box. Aftermarket tie rods, centerlink, idler, and pitman arm allowed.
5. Lower A-frames must be OEM Design. Lower A-Frames must be same length. Aftermarket lowers can be used but must conform to OEM Design if the car is adding the weight for the fab clip. Aftermarket Spindles Allowed.
6. Upper A-frames may be fabricated.
7. Front sway bar may be OEM or aftermarket. Mounting points may be aftermarket.
8. Leaf spring and/or coil spring suspension allowed.
9. Steel rear lower trailing arms required.
10. A fabricated metal top link and track bar allowed.
11. Damper shocks may be used.
12. Rubber bushing, metal bushing, Teflon bushings or heim joints allowed.
13. Lowering blocks and trailing arms may be adjustable.
14. Aftermarket or 5×5 design hubs allowed. Wide 5 and Coilovers allowed see weight
1. 9 inch rear end may be car, truck, or floater. Any ratio. A standard 9 inch heavy quick change will be allowed. No Cambered Rear End Housings. +/- .4
2.Any rear end that does not conform to the above rear end rule is subject to 50 lb penalty.
3. Detroit Locker, or Locked Rear End Units only.
SPRINGS and SHOCKS
1. Tie rod or spherical end shocks allowed. OEM aftermarket Struts allowed.
2. Aftermarket metal body shocks allowed. No at track rebuildable or revalveable shocks allowed. No canister shocks allowed. Coil springs minimum diameter 5”. No Schrader valves allowed. If Running Coil Over eliminators must have 5″ min spring or subject to a 50lb penalty.
3. No composite leaf springs. Coil over eliminator allowed. .
1. Single piston metal brake calipers required.
2. Steel disc brakes may be used on front and rear.
3. Aftermarket brake and clutch pedal allowed.
4. Dual master cylinder allowed. Any type Brake bias adjusters allowed but not in drivers reach.
WHEELBASE and TREADWIDTH
1. 104” minimum wheelbase.
2. Cars must not exceed the maximum allowable tread width of 67 inches.
CRATE ENGINE chev#8602, chev#8603 may run open carb for New Years Bash Race
1. This Crate engine can be used as all supplied parts from factory manufacturer. These engines are subject to teardown procedures and legalities determined by tech committee. The staff at Dillon Motor Speedway has invested a lot of time and money to be “up to date” on these engines, therefore make sure the engine is legal or it will be caught.
2. DMS Reserves the right to claim any Crate Engine that competes at the Dillon Motor Speedway. DMS Owner Ron Barfield can trade a new Crate Engine of the same part number for the one in the race car at the completion of an event at the Dillon Motor Speedway! If the Claim is denied the Car Owner will be subject to penalty and a fine!
3. Crate engines are designed to cut the cost of racing. Anyone found tampering with these engines will be fined up to $1000.00 for each offense and loss of points.
4. Crate Motor is a great application for Local Racing if the competitor will leave them alone. Run them as supplied from the factory to ensure legality. Contact Tech Official if you need clarification to this rule.
BUILT DMS ENGINE may run open carb for the New Years BASH
1. Only stock production engines allowed. Chevrolet 350 cubic inch maximum, Ford 351 cubic
inch, Chrysler 360 cubic inch plus overbore.
1. No polishing or coating inside of block.
2. Overbore of .060 + normal wear permitted.
3 Aftermarket stock length replacement rods allowed.
4. Replacement rods may not be lighter than OEM stock rods.
5.Only solid steel connecting rods permitted. No polishing or machine work will be permitted.
6. Connecting rods must be stock length for make and model of engine used. For Example: Chevrolet 350 – 5.7 Rods
7. Flat top or dish 3 ring pistons permitted. Piston must not extend above top of block.
8. Crankshaft with stock stroke must be retained. Minimum weight 50lbs.
9. Crankshaft must not be Knife-edged. No excessive machining or grinding other than
balancing. No drilled rod or main journals. Subject to template inspection by Tech
10. Wet sump oil system only.
11. Enlarged oil pan allowed. Kick outs will not be permitted between the bolt holes flange and the top of the added sump. Oil pan 4” minimum ground clearance.
12. No electric fuel pumps allowed.
13. Aftermarket valve covers allowed. Aftermarket pulleys allowed.
1. Stock OEM production steel heads only.
2. World Products Stock Replacement head allowed with a 50lb penalty. Any other Stock or Replacement allowed with weight penalty and/or 350 carb. Tech decision is Final
2.NO modifications, no porting, polishing, or angle milling. No grinding of any kind. 3 angle valve job ok as per Speedway rule. One cut below valve seat, to bottom of valve guide. Do not radius or blend bottom of cut below valve seat.
3. Chev 70cc min; Ford (Clev) 68cc; Ford (Win) 58cc; Chrysler 68cc min.
OEM valve size for cylinder head required. Steel valves required. Valve size maximum:
Chevrolet 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust
Ford Cleveland 2.05 intake 1.65 exhaust
Ford Windsor 1.89 intake 1.60 exhaust
Chrysler 1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust
1. Hydraulic or flat tappet cam and OEM diameter lifters with a maximum lift of Chev .480,
Ford .512 Dodge .500 at valve with valve lash as ran in race. Lift will be measured at the
2. Any steel type timing chain allowed.
3. OEM or Aftermarket Valve Springs will be allowed.
4. Screw in studs and guide plates permitted with any ratio roller rocker arms allowed.
5. Stud girdles are permitted. Poly lock allowed.
INTAKE and SPACER
1.Cast Iron two barrel intake or Edelbrock performer aluminum intakes. Chevrolet #2101 Ford
Windsor #2181, Cleveland #2665, #2750 and Chrysler #2176 or P#4532852.
2. No high performance intake manifolds permitted. Intakes must be speedway approved.
3. No porting, polishing, or grinding will be permitted. Do not touch it.
4. Holley #7448 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1 ½ 1.502) centered in spacer with a straight cut. No Bevels. Spacer Gaskets .065 max thickness.
5. Holley #4412 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1.690) centered in spacer with a straight cut. No bevels. Spacer gasket .065 max thickness.
6. All carburetors and spacer plates must meet speedway specifications.
Open Carb Rule on Crate Engine for New Years Bash
Open carb on DMS Built Engine for New Years Bash
Holley 2bbl carb model #7448 “350” allowed on LMSC Engine for New Years Bash.
See below for rework guidelines:
1. No polishing, grinding or machine work allowed on any part of carburetor.
2. No alterations except choke hardware may be removed and all vacuum ports must be plugged.
Base plate must not be altered in shape or size.
3. Boosters may not be altered in any manner including size, shape or height of model #.
4. Any attempt to pull outside air other than through the venturi is not permitted.
1. Round air cleaner element minimum of 12 inches; maximum of 17 inches.
2. Element must be minimum of 1 ½ “and a maximum of 4 inches in height.
3. Dry type paper element only. No cold air boxes or cowl induction allowed.
4. No tubes, funnels or anything which may control the flow of air are permitted.
5. Air cleaner base must not be above choke horn.
TRANSMISSION and FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY
1. OEM standard production Automatic, Manual transmissions permitted.
2. Heavy duty OEM steel clutch permitted. No lightening.
3. Minimum clutch and flywheel assembly with bolts 33 pounds. A Multi Disc Clutch will be allowed with a 50lb. weight penalty.
4. Hydraulic clutch control permitted.
5. Must have steel bell housing that is speedway approved.
6. Drive shaft must be of magnetic steel only. Drive shaft must be painted white with two safety
loops attached to the bottom of car.
1. Regular Headers (4 into 1) will be permitted. No stepped headers.
2. Cast iron manifolds permitted.
3. All LH exhaust must exit behind the driver.
1. Engines may be interchanged from one body manufacturer to another.
2. Engine must be centered in chassis. #1 spark plug in line with upper ball joint.
3. Minimum crankshaft height is 12”, from the center of crank pulley to the ground.
1. Aluminum radiators permitted. Any radiator allowed.
2. Overflow hose recommended.
3. Antifreeze is not permitted.
1. HEI Ignition allowed. Crate Engine must run distributor that came equipped with!
2. Aftermarket or OEM distributors permitted. All Distributors can be locked up or welded
3. Only 1 coil permitted.
4. Only one 12-volt battery permitted.
5. No MSD ignition box allowed. No adjustable timing controls.
6. No open ended wiring in driver’s compartment.
7. Any type traction devices are not allowed. No computerized systems are allowed.
8. All ignition systems must be acceptable to speedway officials.
FUEL and FUEL SYSTEM
1. 100% Race fuel required or 100% pump gas required. No other mixtures of any kind.
2. All Fuel must pass Speedway Fuel specifications.
3. Fuel cells are recommended. Must be securely strapped down with no less than 1/8” steel straps. Fuel cell must be vented high and to the left side.
4. The maximum capacity allowed is 22 gallons.
5. Fuel cells must have 8” minimum ground clearance.
WHEELS and TIRES
1. Maximum width 10”on all 4. 15” Steel wheels only.
2. Air bleeders will not be permitted. No chemical tire treatment allowed.
3. Tires used for qualifying and race must be approved by the speedway.
4. Any car tires from any source other than speedway tire building will be disqualified.
5. Hoosier P25 Scuffed Stamped “DMS” Track Tire from Tire Building Required. The Hoosier p25 Tires will be sold for the New Years Bash.
1. 3050 lbs. minimum base weight for OEM Clip with driver.
2. 55% left side maximum weight percentage on all cars.
3. Aluminum Head Crate Motor and World Products SR must add 50lbs to total weight
4. 3100 lbs for Fabricated Front clip and Lowers cars with driver.
Weight for Dirt Cars must be Home Track Rules that Dirt Car is Claiming Before Race
5. Weight of car must be on back of hood.
6. All cars will be weighed with driver in a driving position.
7. All lead weight must be added to chassis securely.
8. Cars may gas up after race.
9. No tungsten allowed.
1. These rules are subject to amendments for competition when ample notice has been given by the speedway. Any car that does not conform to the above rules may be allowed to compete with a weight and/or restrictor plate at the tech committee’s discretion. This decision can be made at anytime to give someone a chance to race at the Dillon Motor Speedway.
2.Older Frame Nascar Late Model Stock Perimeter Chassis Cars may be Approved for competition with Example: coil-over springs, and/or wide 5 hubs by the Head Tech Man (Min 3200lbs). No New Style Cars will be approved. These older cars will be required to add weight and must be submitted for approval by head tech man before allowed to race. Head Tech Man decision on weight penalty is Final!
3. Crate Engines and Built DMS Engines are allowed a Open Carb for the New Years Bash. LMSC Built Engines or Less than 62cc head engines must run holley 7448 “350” Carb for the New Years Bash. Dirt Cars Must Claim their hometown Dirt Track Rules before the BASH Event. No Side Boards allowed for the New Years Bash Event in Jan. Speedway officials may use professional judgment for any infractions for a competitive race program. Tech Man Decision is FINAL!
****ANY RULES YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR YOU NEED CLARIFICATION, PLEASE CONTACT SPEEDWAY OFFICALS. Email email@example.com or call the Tech Man Ronnie Barfield @ 843-319-9797 or Ron Barfield @ 843-496-4792.