• 1960-2011 models of rear wheel drive cars with a minimum wheelbase of 102”
Wheelbase must be for make and model of car and remain unaltered. These cars are designed
to use Stock components unless specified below for safety and cost concerns.
• Body must remain stock looking. Aftermarket front and rear bumper covers allowed.
*NO hulling or reinforcements permitted with the exception of the hood, front fender wells and
trunk lid. All must remain stock. Fiberglass hood allowed
•Body must have OEM roof with all OEM pillars. Replacement Parts must be a minimum of 24 gauge steel. All bodies must be tech man approved. Non approved body is subject up to a 100 pound weight penalty.
• All hood and cowl air vents must be covered. Inner fenders may be removed.
• Hulling for door bars is permitted. Doors must be welded, riveted or bolted shut. Headlights
must be covered with metal. Window net required.
• Full Windshield required. Back glass optional. Lexan may be substituted.
• Quarter panels and front fenders may be cut for tire clearance only.
• Any fabricated sheet metal must be 24-gauge steel.
• Chassis and body height minimum (5) five inches.
• Wrecker hook-ups on front and rear of car mandatory.
• Homemade spoilers must not be over 5” high x 60 wide” or 300 sq. inches.
• Spoiler must be mounted on the deck lid. Factory spoilers must be OEM if used.
FRAME and SUSPENSION
• No shortening or altering in any way. Tubing frame connectors allowed. Stock floorboard
must be in place.
• Firewalls must remain in stock location and be minimum 22-gauge steel
• Frame rails and sub-frames must be stock for make and year model. Fabricated frame rails
from center of rear end to the back bumper allowed.
• Interchanging of frames and engines allowed. Engine must remain in stock location.
Stock lower A-arms must be stock length and unaltered. Upper arms may be shortened or
lengthened for camber adjustments. Aftermarket tubular upper arm allowed with 25lb. per
wheel penalty. Aftermarket ball joint allowed.
• Stock OEM spindles, steering box and steering arms, centerlink and idler arms must be used. Steel Tie rods must be used and spacers allowed
• Solid engine and transmission mounts are permitted.
• Any car that does not conform to any of the above rules may be required too add weight. This will be determined by the tech committee at the track on a per car basis.
• 4-point cage with door bars required.
• Roll bars must be welded and made of at least 1 ½”x .083 roll bar tubing.
• Roll bars may be extended through engine compartment and rear deck.
• All roll bars within drivers reach must be padded.
• All roll cages are subject for approval by speedway for safety.
• Stock rear end mounts for make and model of car. 10 and 12 bolt rear ends allowed. Ford 9”
allowed. Floater rear end permitted but the mount must be stock from factory.
• Rear end must be OEM. Differentials may be welded, spool or OEM limited slip (clutch type).
No Detroit Locker or Gleason (Gear Driven) devices allowed.
• Rear end hook-up must be stock from factory. Trailing arms must be stock configuration for
make and model. Lowering blocks allowed.
• No cambered rear end housings. +/- .4 Grace
SPRINGS and SHOCKS
Heavy duty springs that fit in original position allowed. Minimum size 4” outside diameter.
4 Spring adjustments (Screw Jacks, Adj Spacer, Rear Shackles) allowed
• OEM suspension for make and model of car required.
• Aftermarket steel welded shocks allowed. No at the track rebuildable or revalveable shocks
allowed. Shocks must be approved by track officials.
• OEM or Aftermarket Sway Bar (Howe Type) mounted in OEM location. Mounting brackets may be fabricated. Sway bar must be one piece
• No composite leaf springs allowed to compete.
• Stock OEM steel brake calipers required. Aftermarket master cylinders allowed.
• Disc brakes permitted on all 4 wheels. All 4 wheels must work.
• Aftermarket brake and clutch pedals allowed. Any type Brake adjusters can not be in drivers reach.
WHEELS, TIRES AND TREADWIDTH
• Maximum width 10”. 15” Steel wheels required.
• Cars must not exceed the maximum allowable tread width of 65 ½ inches.
• Air Bleeders will not be permitted. No chemical tire treatments allowed.
• Tires used for qualifying and race must be approved by the speedway. Dot allowed.
• Any car tires from any source other than speedway tire building will be disqualified.
• BF Goodrich “DMS” Stamped Track Tire required. RSW for Right and LSW for Left or American Racer EC-84
CRATE ENGINE GM #88958602 #88958603(Section 12)
• This Crate Engine can be used as supplied from factory manufacturer. These engines are subject to teardown procedures and legalities determined by tech committee. The staff at Dillon Motor Speedway has invested a lot of time and money to be “up to date” on these engines, therefore make sure the engine is legal or it will be caught.
• Crate engines are designed to cut the cost of racing. Anyone found tampering with these
engines will be fined up to $1000.00 for each offense and loss of championship points.
• Crate Motor is a great application for Local Racing if the competitor will leave them alone. Run them as supplied from the factory to ensure legality. Contact Tech Official if you need clarification to this rule.
• Only standard production engines from manufacturer allowed. 350 cubic inch OEM stock
engine plus overbore. No high performance parts allowed unless listed below. Overbore
of .060 permitted.
• No polishing or coating any parts including inside of block.
• No electric fuel pumps permitted. Stock OEM fuel pumps only.
• OEM Stock or OEM replacement parts for OEM cubic inch including cylinder heads, pistons,
crankshaft, and connecting rods only. For Example: Rods Chevrolet 350 – 5.70 Rods, Ford Windsor – 6” Rods, Ford Cleveland – 5.77
• Only steel connecting rods allowed. Rods must not be lighter than OEM rod.
• Flat top or dish three ring pistons are permitted. Pistons may have “two eyebrows”.
• Crankshaft with stock stroke must be retained. 50 lbs min weight. No drilled rod or main journals. Crank journals may be ground for undersize bearings. No lightening or drilling. No other machine work will be permitted.
• Enlarged OEM oil pan permitted.
• OEM stock production steel heads only with OEM steel valve size and combustion required.
• No high performance intakes allowed.
• 305 engine and engine may use 500 Holley. Any 6 cylinder engines contact speedway for requirements.
• Piston must not extend above top of block.
• Four bolt-main blocks permitted. Engine must be in Stock OEM location.
• Aftermarket pulleys allowed.
HEADS and CAMSHAFT(Section 12)
• Stock production steel heads only. No angle plug heads. No Vortec heads on built engines. WP stock replacement heads must add 100lb weight penality.
• NO modifications, no porting or polishing. No grinding of any kind. Standard 3 angle valve
• Chevrolet 70cc minimum; Ford (Clev) 68cc; Ford (Win) 58cc; Chrysler 68cc minimum.
• OEM valve size for cylinder head required. Steel valves required.
• Hydraulic cam and lifters with a maximum lift of Chev .480, Ford .512, Dodge .500. Lift will
be measured at the retainer after replacing the hydraulic lifter with a solid lifter with zero lash
(can not turn push rod).
• Stock OEM valve spring and retainers. Aftermarket rocker arms allowed. Poly- locks ok.
Studs may be pinned, screw-in studs and guide plates permitted. No stud girdles. Valves must be steel.
• Valve size maximum: Chevrolet 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust
Ford Cleveland 2.05 intake 1.65 exhaust
Ford Windsor 1.89 intake 1.60 exhaust
Chrysler 1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust
Any engine that does not conform to the head CC, camshaft or valves may be allowed to compete with 100 lb weight penalty. It is up to Tech mans final decision.
INTAKE and SPACER
• Factory low performance cast iron intakes or chev Edelbrock 2101 aluminum intake ford
#2181 or c90c-9414-e allowed
• No high performance intake allowed.
• No porting, polishing, or grinding will be permitted. No modifications allowed.
• Holley #7448 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1 ½ 1.502) centered in spacer with a straight cut. No bevels. Spacer gasket .065 max thickness.
• Holley #4412 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1.690) centered in spacer with a straight cut. No bevels. Spacer gasket .065 max thickness.
• All carburetor and spacer plates must be speedway approved.
• Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #7448 “350”allowed “built” motor or crate motor.
Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #4412 “500” allowed on “crate” motor only.
• No alterations except choke hardware may be removed and all vacuum ports must be plugged.
• No polishing, grinding, or machine work allowed on any part of carburetor.
• Only stock passenger car OEM boosters allowed. No modifications allowed. No bevels
• Base plate must not be altered in shape or size.
• Any attempt to pull outside air other than through the venturi is not permitted.
• Round air cleaner element minimum of 12 inches; maximum of 17 inches in diameter
permitted. Dry type paper element only. Front facial allowed on half of diameter.
• Element must be minimum of 1 ½ “and a maximum of 4 inches in height.
• No tubes, funnels or anything which may control the flow of air are permitted inside the air
cleaner or between the carburetor and air cleaner.
• Air Cleaner base must be below choke horn.
TRANSMISSION and FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY
• OEM Automatic, 3 or 4 speed transmissions permitted. All gears must work.
• Automatics must have stock torque converter.
• All clutches and pressure plates must remain OEM stock. No lightening allowed.
• Clutch pressure plate, disc, flywheel, and flywheel bolts must weigh 33 lbs minimum.
• Steel bell housing required. All cars must have a speedway approved scatter shield.
• Drive shaft must be of magnetic steel only. Drive shaft must be painted white with safety loops
attached to the bottom of car.
• Cast iron manifolds permitted.
• Headers will be permitted. Headers must be 4 into1 standard street design. No step headers, no cross over or 180 headers allowed. Tech official Approved. No coated headers
• Exhaust pipes may be single, h-pipes, or 2 into 1. No swedge or merge pipes allowed.
• If exhaust exits on drivers side it must exit behind the driver. Headers and Exhaust Must be Tech approved.
• Aluminum radiators permitted. Antifreeze is not permitted.
• Electric fans are permitted. Overflow line must be installed.
• OEM starter only and must be in working order.
• Battery may be relocated but must be bolted down securely and covered or placed in a battery
box. Only one 12-volt battery permitted.
• Stock HEI ignition permitted. Distributor must not be modified in any way.
• Stock distributor with single point permitted. Stock firing order required.
• No traction control devices allowed
• No dual point distributor permitted.
• No racing coils permitted. No ignition boosters permitted.
• No aftermarket distributors permitted. NO MSD boxes.
FUEL and FUEL SYSTEM
• 100% Track fuel or 100% pump gas allowed. No mixtures of any kind.
• Fuel cells are recommended. Fuel cell must be in a steel can.
• Fuel cells must have 8” minimum ground clearance.
• Fuel cell must be vented high and to the left side frame.
• Right side fuel fill not permitted. Electric fuel pump not permitted.
• 3250 pounds with driver. Gas may be added after race.
• 54% left side maximum weight permitted. Weighed with driver in driving position.
• Weight of car must be on the back of the hood for tech purposes.
• Any car competing with dislodged or lost weight may not add it back to make weight
requirements after the race.
• These rules are subject to amendments for competition when ample notice has been given by
the speedway. Any car that does not conform to any of the above rules may be required to add
weight and/or restrictor plate determined by the tech committee.
• Speedway officials may use professional judgment for any infractions for a competitive race
****ANY RULES YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR YOU NEED CLARIFICATION, PLEASE CONTACT SPEEDWAY OFFICALS. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call the Tech Man Ronnie Barfield @ 843-496-4790 or Ron Barfield @ 843-496-4792.