1. Minimum 4-point roll cage mandatory, two points in front of the driver and two behind. Mandatory at least 4 door bars on left side, 3 door bars on right side. Cage must be welded in a professional manner and is subject to approval by tech personnel. Driver side window net is mandatory.
2. Battery must be in a full closure box and be securely fastened in front of rear end or in drivers department. Master On/Off switch easily accessible from driver’s window.
3. A racing seat constructed of at least aluminum is mandatory. Seat must be secured. Must be fastened to the roll cage or frame structure. An onboard fire extinguisher is mandatory.
4. All safety belts must be mounted per manufacturers’ recommendations. The belts should be a minimum of a five-point harness and must be in good condition. Restraint system must be securely attached to roll cage structure.
5. Car must have a front and rear firewall between the driver, engine compartment, and fuel cell area. Fuel cell must be enclosed in a full steel can. Minimum height 10” from ground.
6. A made for racing fuel cell with foam is recommended. (maximum 22 gallons) race track gasoline only, no additives. Fuel line must run through steel tubing if running through driver’s compartment. If running under car must be securely fastened. All Cars must run TRACK Renegade Racing Gas. There will be a 10 minute break at halfway.
1. Participant must be at least 12 years of age. . Radios will be permitted for use
2. Car must be American made. 101” minimum wheel base. Camaros, Novas and Firebirds will be allowed. Must retain stock rear leaf spring suspension. No Convertibles, Station Wagons, or Pick- ups. All interior must be removed. All holes must be patched in firewalls and floor pads. Third generation Camaro’s will be allowed
3. 5″ Minimum Body and Chassis Height.
4. Bodies must be absolutely stock appearing, no chopping or lowering of bodies in any way. Factory OEM roof must be used. The top of the rear quarters must be OEM. Aftermarket OEM replacement front fenders and lower quarters may be used. The hood, deck lid and doors may be aftermarket. Rear deck must be securely fastened. No Aftermarket LM Body. All Bodies must be tech man approved. Non Approved body is subject up to a 100# pound weight penalty or restrictor plate. If you think your body is marginal please text a picture to Ron at 843-496-4792 or email a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org for a ruling before the race day.
5. No spoilers, either stock or after market, will be allowed. A sealed hood scoop will be allowed. Rear tail must be enclosed with a stock appearing bumper cover.
6. Standard round air cleaner – no fresh air or induction systems allowed. No directing fresh air to the carburetor No flow control air cleaners allowed. Front of hood must be securely fastened.
7. 3100 lbs minimum weight for 602 crate engines, 3200lbs for 603 crate engines and 3150lbs for “DMS Built Engines” with driver after race, 56% left side maximum, no fuel, water or oils may be added after the race to any cars. Built Engines- Check out the street stock rules at www.dillonmotorspeedway.com or below when running a Built Engine. All Cars Maximum 56%. Declared weights must be displayed on top left corner of windshield or back of hood.
8. Automatic transmissions with stock OEM type working torque converter, min. 10”. No lock ups.
9. Standard transmissions 3 or 4 speeds will be allowed to compete. No overdrive gears allowed. Must use a steel blow proof bell housing if using stock type clutch. 7 ¼ or larger metallic clutch will be allowed and may use an metal bell housing. Starters must mount in stock location. A hydraulic throw out bearing will be allowed.
10. Racing wheels only up to maximum 10”. NO softener or tire treatment of any kind. Scuffed 10″ Hoosier Track Tire. The Exact Tire number will be announced the week of the race. The Tire will be the same size and design as a Hoosier F-45. Tire Sets will be Equally Graded Track Scuffed Tires will be drawn and will cost $140 a set. The Speedway will have a Tire Man at the track and the cost will be $5 a tire to mount on your wheels. Teams will be required to buy Tires (Scuff) at the track that will be DMS branded! The Qualifying set will be the set you start the race on and will be impounded! You will be allowed to change tires in the race with tires that are Drawn at the Track on Race Weekend. If you Change a Tire or have a flat you must install a Track Scuffed tire bought from the speedway. After your Pit Stop you will be required to start at the tail end of the race field. The Race is 100 Laps Green. Caution Laps do not count as you will not lose a lap on pit road but you will lose Track Position on Pit Road if you decide to Pit. Limited fuel on Pit Road with 1 electric wrench and 1 jack. There will be a 10 lap rule in effect where all lead lap cars proceed to the front of the field. Race will have a halfway break for adjustments.
11. Frame must remain stock from front of steering box to rear halo cage bar. Lower A-frames and rear trailing arms must be in stock mounts and stock locations. Upper A-frame mounts may be altered. Tubular UPPER A-frames may be used. Lower A-Frames must remain STOCK. Frame may be notched for fuel pump clearance. Cars must retain stock OEM spec parts. (Lower A-frames, spindles, front hubs, trailing arms, and steering components must remain stock OEM parts) A floater rear end will be allowed. No rear gear rule. Cars must have a complete firewall and floor pans.
12. Maximum tread width for front and rear of car measured from outside to inside of tires at spindle height is 67.5.” Front sway bars must be stock type only (Howe type). No rear sway bars allowed.
13. One steel non-adjustable shock per wheel, $100.00 max. cost, any shock determined to have a new price of more than $100 will NOT BE ALLOWED.
14. Driveshaft must be painted white with at least one driveshaft loop.
15. Crate Engines: (see weight rules) Chevrolet 602 or 603 crate engine OEM specs only will be allowed to compete with a 500 Holley. Headers allowed No rear gear rule. All engines are Subject to complete tear down or crate engine exchange after race. 602 Crate engine must weigh 3100lbs, 603 Crate engine must weigh 3200 lbs. All cars left side maximum 56%. No Gear Rule. All Engines are Subject to tear down after race.
16. Built Engines (Section 12): 3150lbs for base built engine allowed to compete with a 350 Holley. Headers allowed. Contact Ron Barfield at 843-496-4792 if you have any questions on your built engine combination. No gear rule.
• Only standard production engines from manufacturer allowed. 350 cubic inch OEM stock
engine plus overbore. No high performance parts allowed unless listed below. Overbore
of .060 permitted. Any 6 cylinder engines contact speedway for requirements. 6 cylinder cars may compete but must weigh 2800lbs. 4 Cylinder Street Stock Body Cars will be allowed to compete by running the 4 Cylinder Mayhem Rules and weighing 1 pound per cc
• No polishing or coating any parts including inside of block. No electric fuel pumps
• OEM Stock or OEM replacement parts for OEM cubic inch including cylinder heads, pistons, crankshaft, and steel connecting rods only.
• Flat top or dish three ring pistons are permitted. Pistons may have min “two eyebrows”.
• Crankshaft with stock stroke must be retained. 50 lbs min weight. No drilled rod or main journals. Crank journals may be ground for undersize bearings. No lightening or drilling. No other machine work will be permitted. Enlarged OEM oil pan permitted.
• OEM stock production steel heads only with OEM steel valve size and combustion required. • Piston must not extend above top of block.
• 305 and under cubic inch engines may use 500 Holley • Four bolt-main blocks permitted. Engine must be in Stock OEM location (which is in front of ball joints). Aftermarket pulleys allowed. Unaltered Edelebrock 2101 or steel intake allowed on built engine.
HEADS and CAMSHAFT(Section 12)
• Stock production steel heads only. No angle plug heads. No Vortec heads on built engine. World Product Stock Replacement (SR) head will be allowed with a 100 pound penalty
• NO modifications, no porting or polishing. No grinding of any kind. Standard 3 angle valve job allowed.
• Chevrolet 70cc minimum; Ford (Clev) 68cc; Ford (Win) 58cc; Chrysler 68cc minimum.
• OEM valve size for cylinder head required. Steel valves required. Any Chev head with cc’s that are less than 70 or any valves bigger than 1.94/1.50 will be required to add a 100 pounds or 50 pounds for each. No Chev head less than 62cc or valves bigger than 202 will be permitted to run
• Cam and lifters with a maximum lift of Chev .480, Ford .512, Dodge .500. Lift will be measured at the valve retainer as run in the race. Any Ratio Rocker to achieve max lift is ok
• Stock OEM valve spring and retainers. Aftermarket rocker arms allowed. Poly- locks ok.
Studs may be pinned, screw-in studs and guide plates permitted. No stud girdles. Valves must be steel.
• Valve size maximum: Chevrolet 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust
Ford Cleveland 2.05 intake 1.65 exhaust
Ford Windsor 1.89 intake 1.60 exhaust
Chrysler 1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust
Any engine that does not conform to the above engine rules may be able to add weight and/or restrictor plate to be able to race. Tech Mans decision is FINAL.
17. Exhaust must not be over three and half inches in diameter (max 31/2” diameters) that must exit from under car. An HEI style distributor must be used and may be locked. Coil and module must remain in distributor. No traction controlled devices of any kind will be allowed
18. Water only, no antifreeze No electric fuel pumps.
19. Engine in stock location or most forward spark plug, no further back than the center line of the upper ball joints..
20. Crate Engines allowed with 500 Holley two barrel. Choke horn must remain, choke mechanism may be removed. One carburetor spacer maximum thickness with gaskets of 1 ¼”. Carburetor must be unaltered.
21. Built Engines allowed with a 350 Holley two barrel. Choke Horn must remain, choke mechanism may be removed. One carburetor space maximum thickness with gaskets of 1 1/4″. Carburetor must be unaltered.
22. All body parts must be securely fastened. Any body parts that appear to be loose or not securely fastened will be black-flagged
23. Any car that does not conform to any of the above rules may be required to add or lose weight and/or restrictor plate determined by the tech committee. ASA officials may use professional judgement for any infractions for a competitive race program.
24. Electronic scoring will be used. A $20 transponder fee for the entire weekend. Must leave drivers licenses with ticket office that will be returned when transponder is turned in
25. Numbers can now be guaranteed for the race. You may request your numbers immediately by sending your race registration and fee Numbers to be guaranteed will be first come, first serve. No duplicate numbers.
26. No entry refunds. Promoter has the right to reject any entry or car from competing. Rules are subject to change at officials’ discretions and weight penalties may be added for rule infractions.
27. Teams will be responsible for the cleaning of pit area. There will be a charge for leaving tires.
28. A finishing order will be posted at the tech area after post race inspections are completed. Competitors will have 15 minutes after the posting to protest the finishing order. After 15 minutes, the finishing order will be official and no changes will be made.
- Base weight 3100lbs, 3150lbs and 3200lbs, 56% left side maximum checked after race. No fuel, water, or oils may be added to any cars after the race. Designated weight must be declared on top left windshield.
Base weight for 602 crate engines – 3100 lbs. 56% max left side weight
Base weight for 603 crate engines – 3200 lbs. 56% max left side weight
Base weight for “Built Engines”– 3150 lbs. 56% max left side weight
The New Years Saturday Day race is a Annual Race Any car that does not conform to any of the above rules may be required to add or lose weight and/or restrictor plate determined by the tech committee. ASA officials may use professional judgement for any infractions for a competitive race program. Tech mans Decision on a fair race program is final decision.
You are responsible for the weight of your car, make sure you understand the rules and make your car the correct weight for after the race.
We reserve the right to change or adjust the rules at any time to enhance competition and car counts.
SPECIAL RULES/Will change from race track to race track
1. $2000 To Win with a $100 Entry Fee. Street Stock 100 Green Flag Laps. There will be a halfway stop after lap 50. Teams will be allowed to change tires during the race. tires in there pits as spares must be bought, approved and stamped by the speedway official. 100 lap race, the 4 tires you qualified on will start the Feature. If you have a flat you must use a track Marked tire to replace it. This race is a 100 green flag lap race, If you come down Pit Road during a yellow flag (except the halfway break between lap 50-55) you will not lose a lap but you will lose track position. Max 1 Electric Wrench and 1 Jack on pit road
2. ASA Officials Decisions are final
3. Cars can be pre-race safety inspected at Dillon Motor Speedway
4. Early entries will be guaranteed numbers and a front stretch parking stall. Others may be required to park outside front pit road.
5. Top 22 cars based on qualifying times. 4 cars from last chance race if needed. Provisional Starters (2) will be determined in the order that entries for the event were postmarked by postmark maildate for the final two spots that have not qualified from qualify or the last chance race! ASA Officials Decision are FINAL. Any questions on this event contact Ron Barfield at 843-496-4792 or Dewayne Weatherford at 843-307-0070.
No Money Required in Mail Entries:
Dillon Motor Speedway P.O. Box 148 Dillon, SC 29536 Attn: New Years Saturday