2013 CAR RULES
COMPETING MODELS *Official – Points start May 4th*
1. 1970-2013 rear wheel drive model cars with a minimum wheelbase of 103” Wheelbase. Rules for the race cars are all the same. Different weights or Carbs are used to equal different motor combinations. It is a priority for Dillon Motor Speedway to make different engine combinations on a equal playing field. DMS and officials will do there best to make this happen.
1. Aftermarket Stock appearing bodies allowed. 2011-2013 Mustang and Camaro allowed.
2. Aftermarket composite or metal body must meet speedway ABC template specifications.
3. All cars must be painted and lettered professionally.
4. Hood must fit to windshield.
5. Rocker panels may be fabricated but must maintain 4” ground clearance.
6. No “panning” underside of car.
7. Front and rear windshields must be lexan. Clear lexan or plexiglass may be installed in
the rear quarter windows. Maximum 10” vent window allowed.
8. Speedway approved window net must be installed in the driver’s side window opening.
9. Body height minimum 4 inches, roof height minimum 48 inches with driver measured
10” behind windshield. Rear Spoiler height maximum from the ground – 39”
10. Rear spoiler 5” high with maximum 54” width.
11. Wrecker hookup required on front and rear of car.
1. Stock OEM front sub frame allowed. Lower control arm mounts must be centered.
2. Tubing front sub frame allowed. Lower control arm mounts must be centered.
3. Frame rails minimum 2”x 3” x .083 wall thickness. Grandfathered frames or underslung
chassis must have 25 lbs. mounted on chassis above rear end housing.
4. Frames must be perimeter style. Front and Rear sub-frames must be centered to roll
5. Chassis rails must maintain 4” ground clearance with driver.
6. A steel interior must separate the driver from the engine compartment and fuel tank. A
metal dash must be in installed in the driver’s compartment.
7. Floorboard may be raised ten inches to the drive shaft tunnel to the top of the door bar
and seal off to allow clearance for headers. No boxed interiors.
1. A complete speedway approved roll cage.
2. Roll cage must be constructed of roll bar tubing with a minimum outside diameter of one
and three-quarter 1 ¾” inches x .083 wall thickness.
3. Roll cage must be centered on the main frame rails. Perimeter style.
4. Main roll cage uprights must be on top of the frame rails.
5. Full cage is required with four uprights and four top bars.
6. Minimum of four bars in driver’s and passenger’s door required.
7. All roll bars within drivers reach must be padded.
1. Screw jacks allowed on front and rear.
2. Wheel spacers may be used. Offset for alignment only.
3. OEM or Fabricated spindles allowed. Must be the same offset left to right.
4. Lower A-frames design may be OEM or Fabricated (minimum size 1 ¼” steel)
5. Front lower control arms must be equal length left and right.
6. Upper A-frames may be fabricated.
7. Front sway bar may be OEM or aftermarket.
8. Coil-over suspension allowed.
9. Aftermarket hubs allowed.
10. No titanium suspension parts allowed.
1. No Rack and Pinion steering allowed.
2. All cars must be equipped with OEM type steering.
3. Steering components may be aftermarket.
1. Three link, leaf spring or truck arm suspension allowed.
2. A metal fabricated pan-hard bar is allowed.
3. Fabricated upper link allowed.
4. Damper shock permitted on rear suspension.
5. Rubber bushing, metal bushing, teflon bushings or heim joints allowed.
6. Three link lower trailing arms (min 1 ¼) must be steel tubing, and a maximum of 30”.
7. Truck arms must be magnetic steel.
8. Lowering blocks and trailing arms may be adjustable.
9. Rear sway bar not permitted.
10. Aftermarket hubs allowed.
11. No Titanium rear suspension parts allowed.
1. Rear end may be car, truck, floater, or standard 9”quick change.
2. No cambered rear ends. +/- .4 Grace. No aluminum tubes. No aluminum yokes.
3. Detroit Locker or spool only. No torque limiting devices allowed.
4. Only steel third members (9 inch chunks) allowed.
5. No titanium rear end parts allowed
SPRINGS and SHOCKS
1. Aluminum or Steel Tie rod or spherical end shocks allowed. No External Reservoir Shocks.
2. Coil springs minimum diameter 2 ½”. Coilover eliminators allowed
3. One shock per wheel.
1. Multi piston metal brake caliper permitted.
2. Steel disc brakes may be used on front and rear. All 4 wheels must work.
3. No titanium brake parts allowed.
WHEELBASE and TREADWIDTH
1. 103” minimum.
2. Cars must not exceed the maximum allowable tread width of 65 ½ inches.
1. Round air cleaner element minimum of 12 inches; maximum of 17 inches in diameter
permitted. Front facial may only be half the diameter.
2. Top and bottom of air cleaner must be the same size.
3. Element must be minimum of 1 ½ “and a maximum of 4 inches in height.
4. Dry type paper element only.
5. No tubes, funnels or anything which may control the flow of air are permitted.
6. Base of air cleaner cannot extend higher than carburetor choke horn on 2bbl carb.
7. Base of air cleaner on 4 barrel carb no more than 1 ½”above mounting ring of carb.
8. No cold air boxes or cowl induction allowed.
TRANSMISSION and FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY
1. Automatic, 3 or 4 speed transmissions permitted. Floor shifts optional. Two speed will be
allowed to compete with weight penalty. See weight.
2. All gears must be in working order.
3. Heavy duty OEM steel clutch permitted.
4. A metal Multi-disc clutch allowed. Minimum 5 ½ disc size.
5. Hydraulic clutch control permitted.
6. Blow proof bell housing permitted. Must have speedway approved scatter shield
protector or steel bell housing. No reverse mount starters.
7. Bottom of bell housing may be cut for clutch service, inspection and ground clearance.
8. Drive shaft must be of magnetic steel only. Drive shaft must be painted white with safety
loops attached to the bottom of car.
1. Headers will be permitted. Header wrap or coating allowed.
2. No step headers, 180 degree, crossover, or merge pipes allowed.
3. OEM stock cast iron manifolds permitted.
4. All LH exhaust must exit behind the driver.
1. Engines may be interchanged from one body manufacturer to another.
2. Chevrolet engine must be centered (3/8” grace) in chassis and center of #1 spark plug in
line with upper ball joint as ran in race.
3. Ford & Dodge engine must be centered (3/8″ grace) in chassis and front of right side
cylinder head even with center of upper ball joint on right side of engine.
4. Minimum crankshaft height is 12”, measured from the center of crank pulley to the ground
1. Aluminum radiators permitted. Internal oil cooler allowed.
2. Overflow hose recommended.
3. Antifreeze is not permitted. ($200 fine)
4. Electric fans are permitted.
1. Electronic or point type ignition allowed.
2. Only 1 stock appearing coil permitted. Distributor may be locked or welded
3. Only one 12-volt battery permitted. Stock firing order required.
4. Only one MSD ignition box permitted. No magnetos. No adjustable timing controls.
5. MSD claim rule, $300 by speedway or any driver that completed the late model race.
6. Ignition box must be visible and out of the reach of the driver.
7. Starter must mount in original location.
8. No open ended wiring in driver’s compartment.
9. Tachometer must be able to unhook. No digital readout gauges.
10. Any type traction devices are not allowed. No computerized systems are allowed.
11. All ignition systems must be acceptable to speedway officials.
FUEL and FUEL SYSTEM
1. DMS Speedway fuel is the only fuel allowed. No mixtures of any kind.
2. All Fuel must pass Speedway Fuel specifications. Fuel must be same color.
3. Fuel cells are mandatory and mounting of them must be speedway approved for safety.
4. Fuel cells must be securely strapped down with no less than 1/8” steel straps.
5. The maximum capacity allowed is 22 gallons.
6. Fuel cells must have 8” minimum ground clearance.
7. Fuel cell must be mounted in approved steel can.
8. Fuel may be added for weight check.
WHEELS and TIRES
1. 10” Maximum width. 15” Steel wheels only. Same offset on all four wheels.
2. Air bleeders will not be permitted.
3. Tires used for qualifying and race must be approved by the speedway.
4.Any car tires from any source other than speedway supplier will be disqualified, a $500
5. No chemical tire treatment allowed. Durometer and sniffer enforced.
6. DMS class tire for 2013 Season is Hoosier- Model # TBD after Test. Model number will be annouced before March 15th, 2013. All tires are 27.0 x 15.
ENGINES (DMS will allow Crate Engines, LMSC Engines, and DMS “BUILT” Engines
1. CRATE ENGINES
1.The Following Crate Engines must be used as all supplied parts from factory
2.These engines are subject to teardown procedures and legalities is determined by tech committee. The staff at Dillon Motor Speedway has invested a lot of time and money to be “up to date” on these engines, therefore make sure the engine is legal or it will be caught. These engines may require different size carbs to equal horsepower between different model #.
GM #88958603- GM #88958604
2. These engines are designed to cut the cost of racing. Anyone found tampering with these
engines will be fined up to $1000 for each offense and loss of championship points.
3. Crate Motor is a great application for Local Racing if the competitor will leave them alone. Run them as supplied from the factory to ensure legality. Contact Tech Official if you need clarification to this rule.
2. NASCAR Late Model Stock Car Engine with a Holley #7448 “350” CFM Carb
This engine will be teched by the Nascar Rule book for the Engine Only. This engine must use the Holley #7448 350 carb at all times.
3. DMS “Built”Straight Plug Head Motor
1. Only stock standard production engines allowed. Chevrolet 350 cubic inch maximum,
Ford 351 cubic inch, Chrysler 360 cubic inch plus overbore.
2. No polishing or coating inside of block.
3. Overbore of .060 + normal wear permitted.
4. Aftermarket solid steel connecting rods permitted. No polishing or machine work will be
5. Flat top 3 ring pistons permitted. Piston must not extend above top of block.
6. Crankshaft with stock stroke must be retained. No excessive grinding or machining, for
balancing purposes only, subject to template inspection by tech official. Crankshaft must
not be Knife-edged. Minimum weight 50# pounds for crankshaft.
7. Wet sump oil system only. Aftermarket valve covers allowed. Aftermarket pulleys allowed.
8. Enlarged oil pan allowed. Kick outs will not be permitted between the bolt holes flange
and the top of the added sump.
1. Stock OEM steel heads only. World Products Stock Replacement SR #043600 allowed
with a 100 lb. weight penalty. See Weight.
2. No vortec heads on built motor, no angle plug heads allowed.
3. NO modifications, no porting or polishing. No grinding of any kind. 3 angle valve job ok
as per Speedway rule. One cut below valve seat, to bottom of valve guide. Do not radius
or blend bottom of cut below valve seat.
4. Chevrolet 70cc minimum; Ford (Clev) 68cc minimum; Ford (Win) 58cc; Chrysler 68cc min.
5. OEM valve size for cylinder head required. Steel valves required.
Valve size maximum: Chevrolet 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust
Ford Cleveland 2.05 intake 1.65 exhaust Chrysler 1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust
Ford Windsor 1.89 intake 1.60 exhaust
1. Hydraulic or flat tappet cam and OEM diameter lifters with a maximum lift of
Chev .480, Ford .512 Dodge .500 at valve with valve lash as ran in race. Hydraulic lifters will be
measured at the retainer after replacing the hydraulic lifter with a solid lifter and zero lash..
2. Any steel type timing chain allowed.
3. Any type valve springs and retainers allowed. Stud girdles are permitted.
4. Screw in studs and guide plates permitted with any ratio roller rocker arms allowed.
INTAKE and SPACER
1.GM performer 2101 current design, Ford m9424-p351, Cleveland performer #2665 and
2. No porting, polishing, or grinding will be permitted. Do not touch it.
3. Holley 2bbl carbs allowed a one-piece solid aluminum spacer, ¾” thickness may be installed between intake manifold and carburetor.
4. Holley 4bbl carbs allowed a one piece solid aluminum spacer, 1” thickness four hole or open.
5. Holley #7448 spacer must have 2 holes with 1 ½” openings. Holley #4412 spacer must have 2 holes with 1 11/16” openings.
6. Holes must be centered and cut perpendicular with the base of the carburetor. No tapers
7. Only 2 gaskets, 1 per side, maximum thickness .065 will be permitted.
8. No adjustable spacer will be permitted. No other modifications will be permitted.
9. All carburetors and spacer plates must meet speedway specifications.
The following carburetors will be eligible for competition.
1. Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #7448 “350” with a venturi size of 1 3/16”.
2. Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #4412 “500” with a venture size of 1 ½”
3. Holley HP80507-1 390 cfm four barrel model HP designed for crate engines
1. No polishing, grinding or drilling holes will be permitted in the body of the carburetor.
2. Boosters may not be altered in any manner including size, shape or height. No Bevels.
3. Venturi area must not be altered in any manner. Casting ring must not be removed.
4. Base plate must not be altered in shape or size.
5. Stock butterflies must not be thinned or tapered. Idle holes may be drilled in butterflies.
Screw ends may be cut even with shafts, but screw heads must remain standard.
6. Throttle shafts must remain standard and must not be cut or thinned in any manner.
7. Any attempt to pull outside air other than through the venturi is not permitted.
DMS “Built Straight Plug Head” engine must use: Holley #4412 2bbl carburetor “500”
DMS “Late Model Stock” Bowtie engine must use Holley #7448 2bbl carburetor “350”
GM#88958602 Crate engine may use:
GM#88958603 Crate engine may use: above or Holley #HP80507-1 390 Four Barrel Model HP.
GM#88958604 Crate engine may use: Holley #7448 2 bbl carburetor “350”
Ford# Engine may use: Holley #7448 2 bbl carburetor “350”
***Any clarification needed on the rules for the carburetor contact Technical Official***
Any car that does not conform to the above DMS Motor Rules may be allowed to compete with a weight and/or restrictor plate at the tech committee’s discretion. Tech Man decision is Final
1. 3100 pounds with driver. 55% left side weight percentage.
2. GM Crate Engine will receive a 100lb weight break.
3. World Products Stock Replacement SR #043600 head must add 100 lbs. to total weight.
4. Two speed, or “speed transmission” must add 50lbs. to total weight
5. All cars will be weighed with driver in a driving position.
6. Weight of car must be on back of hood for tech purposes.
7. Any car competing with dislodged or lost weight may not add it back to make weight
requirements after the race.
8. All lead weight must be added to chassis securely.
9. No tungsten allowed.
1. These rules are subject to amendments for competition when ample notice has been given
by the speedway. Any car that does not conform to the above rules may be allowed to
compete with a weight and/or restrictor plate at the tech committee’s discretion.
2. Speedway officials may use professional judgment for any rule or infractions for a
competitive race program.
3. Any car that meets the Nascar Late Model Stock Car Official Rulebook will be
eligible to compete with a 350 Holley #7448 carb.
4. Rules for the race car are all the same. Different weight or Carbs are used to equal different motor combinations. It is a priority for Dillon Motor Speedway to make different engine combinations on a equal playing field. DMS and officials will do there best to make this happen.
****ANY RULES YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR YOU NEED CLARIFICATION, PLEASE CONTACT SPEEDWAY OFFICALS. Email email@example.com or call the Tech Man Ronnie Barfield @ 843-319-9797 or Ron Barfield @ 843-496-4792.