2015 Street Stock Division
Thanks to all the Drivers and Teams that attended the DMS Rules Meeting on Febuary 1, 2015. The Race Track listened to all the great Input from the teams to make the changes to the Rules Packages.
• 1960-2015 models of OEM frame rear wheel drive cars. These cars can be equipped with 4, 6, or 8 cylinders. This class is designed to race stock OEM Car frames that are rear wheel drive.
Wheelbase must be for make and model of car and remain unaltered. Eight (8) Cylinder Cars must weigh 3250lbs. Six (6) cylinder cars may compete but must weigh 2750lbs. All Cars 55% maximum left side weight after. 4 Cylinder cars will be allowed to compete in this class by running the Four (4) Cylinder Mayhem Rules with a 8″ open tire rule. This class of cars are designed to use Stock components unless specified below for safety and cost concerns. OEM Type Chassis Cars Only. Tech Man Decision is FINAL on legality!
• Body must remain stock looking. Aftermarket front and rear bumper covers allowed.
*NO hulling or reinforcements permitted with the exception of the hood, front fender wells and
trunk lid. All must remain stock. Fiberglass hood allowed
•Body must have OEM roof with all OEM pillars. Replacement Parts must be a minimum of 24 gauge steel. All bodies must be tech man approved. Non approved body is subject up to a 100 pound weight penalty. 4 Cylinder cars may run aftermarket body per 4 Cylinder Mayhem Rules
• All hood and cowl air vents must be covered. Inner fenders may be removed.
• Hulling for door bars is permitted. Doors must be welded, riveted or bolted shut. Headlights
must be covered with metal. Window net required.
• Full Windshield required. Back glass optional. Lexan may be substituted.
• Quarter panels and front fenders may be cut for tire clearance only.
• Any fabricated sheet metal must be 24-gauge steel.
• Chassis and body height minimum (5) five inches. 4 Cylinder are 4″ per Mayhem Rules
• Wrecker hook-ups on front and rear of car mandatory.
• Homemade spoilers must not be over 5” high x 60 wide” or 300 sq. inches.
• Spoiler must be mounted on the deck lid. Factory spoilers must be OEM if used.
FRAME and SUSPENSION
• Any frame shortening or altering in any way is subject to rear weight percentage penalty. Tubing frame connectors allowed. Stock floorboard must be in place. Any Car that the floorboard or firewall that has been excessive cut or replaced due to wreck or rusting out is subject to a 50lb. weight penalty only if alteration enhances performance
• Firewalls must be a minimum 22-gauge steel to protect driver
• Frame rails and sub-frames must be stock for make and year model. Fabricated frame rails
from center of rear end to the back bumper allowed. Weight boxes are allowed.
• Interchanging of frames and engines allowed. Engine must remain in stock location and must be ahead of upper ball joint.
Stock lower A-arms must be stock length and unaltered. Upper arms may be shortened or
lengthened for camber adjustments. Aftermarket tubular upper arm and ball joint allowed.
• Stock OEM spindles, steering box and steering arms, centerlink must be stock. Steel Tie rods and metal spacer(s) allowed.
• Solid engine and transmission mounts are permitted.
• Any car that does not conform to any of the above rules may be required to add weight. This will be determined by the tech committee at the track on a per car basis.
• 4-point cage with door bars required.
• Roll bars must be welded and made of at least 1 ½”x .083 roll bar tubing.
• Roll bars may be extended through engine compartment and rear deck.
• All roll bars within drivers reach must be padded.
• All roll cages are subject for approval by speedway for safety.
• Stock rear end mounts for make and model of car. 10 and 12 bolt rear ends allowed. Ford 9”
allowed. Floater rear end permitted but the mount must be stock from factory.
• Rear end must be OEM. Differentials may be welded, spool or OEM Open.
No Detroit Locker or Gleason (Gear Driven) devices allowed. Detroit Locker or Limited Slip Rear end may be run with 75lb. weight penalty.
• Rear end hook-up must be stock from factory. Trailing arms must be stock configuration for
make and model. Lowering blocks allowed.
• No cambered rear end housings. +/- .4 Grace
SPRINGS and SHOCKS
Heavy duty springs that fit in original position allowed. Minimum size 4” outside diameter. 4 Spring adjustments (Screw Jacks, Adjustable Spacer, Rear Shackles) allowed.• OEM suspension for make and model of car required.
• One steel shock per wheel, $110.00 max. cost, any shock determined to have a new price of more than $110 will NOT BE ALLOWED. Priced by 2014 Lefthander Racer Price or mfg retail price. No Coil Binding of Springs, Chassis or Bumpstops. No Travel Limiting Devices on Suspension. Shocks must be approved by track officials.
• OEM or Aftermarket Sway Bar (Howe Type) mounted in OEM location. Mounting brackets may be fabricated. Sway bar must be one l
• Stock OEM steel brake calipers required. Aftermarket master cylinders allowed.
• Disc brakes permitted on all 4 wheels. Max 1 per brake per wheel
• Aftermarket brake and clutch pedals allowed. Any type Brake adjusters cannot be in drivers reach.
WHEELS, TIRES AND TREADWIDTH
• Maximum width 10”. 15” Steel wheels required.
• Cars must not exceed the maximum allowable tread width of 67 inches.
• Air Bleeders will not be permitted. No chemical tire treatments allowed.
• Tires used for qualifying and race must be approved by the speedway. Dot allowed.
• Any car tires from any source other than speedway tire building will be disqualified.
• Hoosier P25 Scuff “DMS” Stamped Track Tire required on all V8 and Six Cylinder Cars. 4 Cylinder Mayhem rules for 4 Cylinder Cars. 8″ Open tire rule for the 4 Cylinders cars Ex. DOT, Hoosier or Goodyear
CRATE ENGINE GM #88958602
• This Crate Engine can be used as supplied from factory manufacturer. These engines are subject to teardown procedures and legalities determined by tech committee. The staff at Dillon Motor Speedway has invested a lot of time and money to be “up to date” on these engines, therefore make sure the engine is legal or it will be caught.
• Crate engines are designed to cut the cost of racing. Anyone found tampering with these
engines will be fined up to $1000.00 for each offense and loss of championship points.
• Crate Motor is a great application for Local Racing if the competitor will leave them alone. Run them as supplied from the factory to ensure legality. Contact Tech Official if you need clarification to this rule.
DMS Reserves the right to claim any Crate Engine that competes at the Dillon Motor Speedway. DMS Owner Ron Barfield can trade a new Crate Engine of the same part number for the one in the race car at the completion of an event at the Dillon Motor Speedway! If the Claim is denied the Car Owner will be subject to penalty and a fine!
• Only standard production engines from manufacturer allowed. 350 cubic inch OEM stock
engine plus overbore. No high performance parts allowed unless listed below. Overbore
of .060 permitted. Any 6 cylinder engines contact speedway for requirements. 6 cylinder cars may compete but must weigh 2800lbs. 55% maximum left side weight. 4 Cylinder cars will be allowed to compete by running the 4 Cylinder Mayhem Rules and weighing 1 pound per cc
• No polishing or coating any parts including inside of block.
• No electric fuel pumps permitted. Stock OEM fuel pumps only.
• OEM Stock or OEM replacement parts for OEM cubic inch including cylinder heads, pistons,
crankshaft, and connecting rods only. For Example: Rods Chevrolet 350 – 5.70 Rods, Ford Windsor – 6” Rods, Ford Cleveland – 5.77
• Only steel connecting rods allowed. Rods must not be lighter than OEM rod.
• Flat top or dish three ring pistons are permitted. Pistons may have “two eyebrows”.
• Crankshaft with stock stroke must be retained. 50 lbs min weight. No drilled rod or main journals. Crank journals may be ground for undersize bearings. No lightening or drilling. No other machine work will be permitted. 12in minimum.
• Enlarged OEM oil pan permitted. No high performance intakes allowed.
• OEM stock production steel heads only with OEM steel valve size and combustion required. • Piston must not extend above top of block.
• 305 and under cubic inch engines may use 500 Holley • Four bolt-main blocks permitted. Engine must be in Stock OEM location (plug ahead of ball joint).
• Aftermarket pulleys allowed.
8 Cylinder cars must weigh 3200lbs. 6 cylinder cars may compete but must weigh 2800lbs. 55% maximum left side weight. Four (4) Cylinder cars will be allowed to compete by running the Four (4) Cylinder Mayhem Rules
HEADS and CAMSHAFT(Section 12)
• Stock production steel heads only. No angle plug heads. OEM Vortec heads on DMS built engines must run a 1.357 restrictor plate (MASS Rule).
• NO modifications, no porting or polishing. No grinding of any kind. Standard 3 angle valve
• Chevrolet 70cc minimum; Ford (Clev) 68cc; Ford (Win) 58cc; Chrysler 68cc minimum.
• OEM valve size for cylinder head required. Steel valves required.
• Cam and lifters with a maximum lift of Chev .480, Ford .512, Dodge .500. Lift will
be measured at the retainer as run in race.
• Stock OEM valve spring and retainers. Aftermarket rocker arms allowed. Poly- locks ok.
Studs may be pinned, screw-in studs and guide plates permitted. No stud girdles. Valves must be steel.
• Valve size maximum: Chevrolet 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust
Ford Cleveland 2.05 intake 1.65 exhaust
Ford Windsor 1.89 intake 1.60 exhaust
Chrysler 1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust
Any engine that does not conform to the above engine rules may be able to add weight and/or restrictor plate to be able to race. Tech Mans decision is FINAL.
INTAKE and SPACER
• Factory low performance cast iron intakes or chev Edelbrock 2101 aluminum intake ford
#2181 or c90c-9414-e allowed
• No high performance intake allowed.
• No porting, polishing, or grinding will be permitted. No modifications allowed.
• One Aluminum Carb Spacer max thickness with gaskets of 1 1/4″( Inch and Quater). Carb spacer must be 1 or 2 hole straight cut on no bevels. Spacer must not pull air from outside carb
• All carburetor and spacer plates must be speedway approved.
• Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #7448 “350”allowed “built” motor or crate motor.
Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #4412 “500” allowed on “crate” motor only.
• No alterations except choke hardware may be removed and all vacuum ports must be plugged.
• No polishing, grinding, or machine work allowed on any part of carburetor.
• Only stock passenger car OEM boosters allowed. No modifications allowed. No bevels
• Base plate must not be altered in shape or size.
• Any attempt to pull outside air other than through the venturi is not permitted.
• Round air cleaner element minimum of 12 inches; maximum of 17 inches in diameter
permitted. Dry type paper element only. Front facial allowed on half of diameter.
• Element must be minimum of 1 ½ “and a maximum of 4 inches in height.
• No tubes, funnels or anything which may control the flow of air are permitted inside the air
cleaner or between the carburetor and air cleaner.
• Air Cleaner base must be below choke horn.
TRANSMISSION and FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY
• OEM Automatic, 3 or 4 speed transmissions permitted. All gears must work.
• Automatics must have stock torque converter.
• All clutches and pressure plates must remain OEM stock. No lightening allowed.
• Clutch pressure plate, disc, flywheel, and flywheel bolts must weigh 33 lbs minimum.
• Steel bell housing required. All cars must have a speedway approved scatter shield.
• Drive shaft must be of magnetic steel only. Drive shaft must be painted white with safety loops
attached to the bottom of car.
• Cast iron manifolds permitted.
• Headers will be permitted. Headers must be 4 into1 standard street design. No step headers, no cross over or 180 headers allowed. Tech official Approved. No coated headers
• Exhaust pipes may be single, h-pipes, or 2 into 1. No swedge or merge pipes allowed.
• If exhaust exits on drivers side it must exit behind the driver. Headers and Exhaust Must be Tech approved.
• Aluminum radiators permitted. Antifreeze is not permitted.
• Electric fans are permitted. Overflow line must be installed.
• OEM starter only and must be in working order.
• Battery may be relocated but must be bolted down securely and covered or placed in a battery
box. Only one 12-volt battery permitted. Crate Engine must use OEM Distributor equipped with
• Aftermarket HEI ignition permitted on built. Distributor may be welded or locked.
• Stock distributor with single point permitted. Stock firing order required.
• No traction control devices allowed
• No dual point distributor permitted.
• Only 1 coils permitted. No ignition boosters permitted.
• NO MSD boxes.
FUEL and FUEL SYSTEM
• 100% Race Fuel or 100% non ethanol pump gas allowed. No oxygen agent mixtures of any kind.
• Fuel cells are recommended. Fuel cell must be in a steel can.
• Fuel cells must have 8” minimum ground clearance.
• Fuel cell must be vented high and to the left side frame.
• Right side fuel fill not permitted. Electric fuel pump not permitted.
• 3200pounds with driver for Eight (8) Cylinder Cars. Six (6) Cylinder Cars must weigh 2750lbs. Four (4) Cylinder Cars must weigh 1 lb. per cc and go by the 4 Cylinder Mayhem Rules.
• 55% left side maximum weight permitted on all cars. Weighed with driver in driving position.
• Weight of car must be on the back of the hood for tech purposes.
• Any car competing with dislodged or lost weight may not add it back to make weight
requirements after the race.
• These rules are subject to amendments for competition when ample notice has been given by
the speedway. Any car that does not conform to any of the above rules may be required to add
weight and/or restrictor plate determined by the tech committee.
• Speedway officials may use professional judgment for any infractions for a competitive race
program. Any car that competes on the MASS Tour will be allowed to race at a weekly DMS Event. DMS Tech Man may issue a weight and/or restrictor plate to allow for the few changes competitive.
****ANY RULES YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR YOU NEED CLARIFICATION, PLEASE CONTACT SPEEDWAY OFFICALS. Email email@example.com or
call the Tech Man Ronnie Barfield @ 843-319-9797 or Ron Barfield @ 843-496-4792.