2021 V-Stock Rules (8 inch Scuff Tire Class)
1. Any type passenger car two or four door with a minimum of 101 inch wheel base is permitted. No station wagons no aftermarket or home made bodies no plastic or fiberglass bodies. No independent rear suspension cars.
2. Wheelbase must be within 1” of factory listing for the year model.
3. All interiors must be removed. Doors must be welded or bolted shut. Hood and cowl must meet.
4. Stock bodies only, stock type bumpers. No bars above bumpers. You may weld flat bar from one end bumper to frame, may cut fenders for tire clearance. You may run bar in front of radiator and brace back to frame. This bar must be inside of grill area. No boxing interior in any configuration. Headlights must be covered with solid metal.
Floor pan and front/rear firewall must remain stock in there stock locations. (No excessive gutting)
5. There will be no screw jacks of any type allowed on front or rear. Spring spacers are allowed. Lowering blocks will be allowed. Stock type springs in stock location on rear. Heavy coil springs will be allowed on front, stock suspension and steering is required. Minimum 5” ground clearance for frame and body. All suspension and steering mounting points front an rear must be in factory locations. Left and right lowers must be same length.
6. Shocks: No adjustable or coil over type shocks, stock only and must remain in factory position. Shocks can be claimed for$50 per shock.
Cars with strut suspension may run adjustable caster/camber plate. No adjustable spring spacers.
7. Max 5” x 60” spoilers. OEM Stock spoilers allowed.
8. Hood pins must be used to keep hood and trunk closed.
9. May use battery box and fabricated battery frame to secure battery. No battery in drivers compartment, unless completely boxed in.
10. Cars must have approved seat belt and double strap shoulder harness. Belts must be bolted to roll bar.
11. Full windshield is required. Lexan may be substituted and must fit as close as possible. Back glass is optional.
12. Roll bars are mandatory. No galvanized pipe. No exhaust tubing. No threaded joints. Bars must be fully welded. Gusses are required at all joints and welded on both sides. Pipe must be a minimum of 1 1/2 inches in diameter with a minimum of .095 thickness. May use racing type drivers seat. Seat must be securely fastened to roll cage. A full 6 point roll cage is highly recommended.
13. Weight: 3350 lbs maximum left side 54%. No more than 50% rear weight at any time. Gen 2 Camaro/Firebird maximum left side 52% and no more than 50% rear weight at any time.
14. Any stock type rear end or floater allowed. Must be locked. No camber and no lightening. Stock disc brakes are legal. Stock Oem Rear end for make and model car receives 50 pound weight break. Seperate protest will be $100.
15. Fuel cell is mandatory, fuel cell must be a minimum of ten inches from the bottom of the fuel cell container to level ground. Must have a roll bar behind fuel cell. Must be securely strapped down with no less than four 1 1/2 inch x 1/8 inch steel straps. Steel firewall must be located between driver and trunk area. With no less than 20 gauge steel. No aluminum!
16. Mechanical fuel pump only! No high performance. No electric fuel pump. No flex fan
17. Stock V8, V6 engines only, no exceptions! No high performance. The only intake you can run is Chevrolet number eldebrock 2101, 2116 or GM, Chrysler number 2176, Ford Cleveland number 2665 with 4 barrel heads number 2750 with two barrel heads, Windsor number 2181, these manifolds must remain as manufactured, v belt metal pulleys allowed, stock type balancer. You can modify stock oil pan for capacity. Stock valves only. Chevrolet valve size 1.94 intake/1.50 exhaust. Ford valve size for Cleveland is 2.05 intake/ 1.65 exhaust for Windsor 1.883 intake/1.546 exhaust, may be bored .060 over and ,015 for wear. Flat top or dish pistons only. No pop-ups. Pistons cannot extend out of block, Single valve springs with damper only. Can pin rocker arm studs, can use poly locks, stock rocker arms only, stock hydraulic lifters only no rollers, no screw in studs or guide plates, maximum cam lift is .425 lift intake and .450 lift exhaust. stock valve jobs only. Minimum head volume in cc,s, all General Motors 72cc,s, Ford Cleveland 72cc,sFord Windsor 56cc,s, Dodge 360, 68cc,s. Engine must be in stock location. Must run stock motor mounts. You may weld a plate on the side of the motor mount to make it solid. OEM Production and Chev vortec 062, 906 cast heads may be run with minimum 62cc with 4 eyebrow pistons with a stock camshaft with maximum cam lift of .390 Intake .410 Exhaust. Cam will be checked at valve on valve retainer with push rod not able to turn.
18. Stock factory non welded electronic ignition distributor only, no aftermarket ignition.
19. Carburetor: Holly 2300, two barrel carburetor, model #7448 (350) with a Venturi size of 13/16 inches and maintaining a throttle bore maximum size of 1 1/2 inches. The rework guidelines for the Holley 2300 series carburetor are as follows: A. Body of carbs. No polishing, grinding, or drilling of holes permitted. B. The choke may be removed, but all screw holes must be permanently sealed. C. Choke Horn: choke horn may not be removed.D: Booster: Boosters may not be changed. Size and shape must not be altered.E: Venturi: Venturi area must not be altered in any manner. Casting ring must not be removed. F. Base plate: Base plate must not be altered in shape or size. G: Butterflies: Butterflies must not be thinned or tapered. Idle holes may be drilled in butterflies. Screw ends may be cut even with shafts, but screw heads must remain standard. H. Throttle Shafts: shafts must remain standard and must not be thinned or cut in any manner. I. Any attempt to pull outside air other than down through the Venturi is not permitted. J: Only paper air filter elements!
20. Carburetor spacers and gaskets: A. Carburetor spacer must be NASCAR approved. B. Only a one piece aluminum carburetor spacer 3/4 inches in thickness may be installed between intake manifold and carburetor. C: The spacer must have two holes with 1 1/2 inch openings located in the center that match the base of the carburetor Holes must be cut perpendicular with base of carburetor. No taper or bevels. D: A one piece gasket maximum .065 inch thickness may be installed between the carburetor and spacer. A one piece gasket maximum 1/4 thick may be installed between the spacer and intake manifold.
21. Exhaust Systems: Headers with 1 5/8 diameter with 3 inch collector will be legal, must exit to the side, minimum 3 foot exhaust, may run one exhaust out each side or both out one side. No H pipe or two in one allowed.
22. Drive train: 3 speed, 4 speed, or automatic with or without floor shift. All gears must work. Clutch pressure plate and flywheel must weigh 45 pounds minimum Chevy, 45 pounds minimum Ford must have steel bell housing or scatter shield. Separate Protest $100.
23. Drive Shaft: Stock steel- must have drive shaft loop 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. Must be painted white. No aluminum driveshafts.
24. Fuel: Track fuel or Non Ethanoil Pump Gas only. No mixtures
25. Only one OEM Steel Master Cylinder allowed. May run aftermarket Gas, brake and clutch pedal. No cutting and rewelding cast brakes. Hydraulic clutch, slave or fork allowed.
26. Tires: 15” Hoosier Scuff tires of 15” with 8” width rims, rims must be same offset. Hoosier Scuff 8 inch tire will cost $30 and must be bought from speedway whenever you need them. DOT Tire Allowed. This is the only tires you can purchase and must purchase tires from Dillon Motor Speedway.
27. No reading between the lines: If not in the rules, must remain stock!
28. Any driver that wins two consecutive races must start tenth in the next race.
29. Claiming Rule: The engine may be claimed by another competitor for $2,000.00 less carburetor, headers, and distributor, pulleys, water pump, starter, and flywheel.
30. Must run fully charged fire extinguisher.